Hey friends, we are going to be showing off some amazing sewists we’ve noticed in the Shear Community over the next few months. Both Small Shops and individuals will be highlighted and celebrated! Today we interviewed Kaylynn’s Creations!
1. What is the name of your small shop and how did you come up with the name?
The name of my shop is Kaylynn’s Creations. I had a hard time coming up with a name and tried many different names then decided to just use my name.
2. How long have you been running your shop?
I started my shop in 2019.
3. Where are you based out of?
I am based out of Tisdale, SK.
4. What do you specialize in making?
I like to have many different things I specialize in as it keeps me doing different things.
5. What is your favorite make that you wanted to keep but had to sell?
My favourite make would have been a reusable snack bag that was sold before I got it finished.
6. What is your favorite base of fabric to work with?
I love working with cotton Lycra, French terry and quilting cotton.
7. What brought you to Shear Perfection Fabric?
I came the Shear Perfection Fabric because it is based out of Saskatchewan and stayed because everyone is so helpful along with the fabric being amazing.
8. What are some other small shops that inspire you?
There are a lot of small shops along with people that inspire me but I would have to say Wall Freckles is one I watch regularly.
9. Fun fact about yourself?
That I’m always ready for an adventure and won’t miss out on one.
10. BONUS QUESTION: if you could be any animal what would it be and why?
I would be a bear as I can look all nice and cuddly and be nice and cuddly but if you mess with my kids or family there could be trouble.
To find Kaylynn’s Creations you can follow the link and message her there! https://www.facebook.com/KayCreat/
Thanks for playing along and inspiring us with your makes!